Friday, October 24, 2008

The Search is Over

I found them. I found the awesome costumes that I was looking for...

David & I are going to be Harry Potter & Hermione Granger for Halloween.

I went to Taylor Maid & got us each the appropriate wand, Gryffindor scarves & hats & black cloaks (because the actual robes were really expensive). David was pretty pleased with my costume selection, so that made me happy. And I'm watching Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire right now to celebrate my fabulous finds!


Here is where I dressed up our lamp in order to give you a sneak peak of our fantastic outfits. Here is featured the black cloak being held up by its hood, Gryffindor hat and scarf and the Hermione wand. (Harry's wand is darker & shorter.) I'm pretty sure we'll look much snazzier in this than our poor little lamp.

* * *

We also decided that when we go to the midnight showing of the next Harry Potter movie this summer, we could easily dress up like the other freaky people. Woo hoo!

I will post some more pictures of us as soon as we take them. :)

3 comments:

Lisa Lou said...

YES! I can't wait to see the costumes actually on you...though your lamp looks fab. I still have to figure out what I am going to be. One of these Halloween I'll break Josh down too and get him to dress up...maybe. Anyway, congrats on the fabulous find!!

(I moved, lisashandmadecards.com)

Naught Whaught said...

Lamp looks awesome. Emily got me to start doing my hair all curly and messy, so when I wake up in the mornings it's REALLY curly and messy. So much so in fact, that my first thought as I've looked int he mirror the last few days has been "You know, I think I could pull off a Lion-O costume." I think it's too late, sadly, and I'm also pretty sure that no one I woudl see on Halloween would get it, so I'm not going to, but the temptation is still there...

Sarah Ragatz said...

Nice buy. Way to dress up together. Emmalynne had inherited a ballerina tutu from her cousin so that's what she gets to be. We had a ward party last week and the best I could do was dress like a nerd using stuff from home. Carman was late so he ended up going in his vending-machine-filling work clothes. He called himself Car-man the candy-man. A theme is much funner though. Maybe next year I'll be the vending machine and Emmalynne could be a Snickers...