Thursday, January 22, 2009

Me & Manly Labor

Yesterday, on my day off, I went to IKEA. (I know, it wasn't on my list, but I still felt rather accomplished after this.) David & I have been in desperate need of a dining room table & chairs seeing as how we have been eating in the living room for the past four months. I found a really good deal at IKEA & spent less than I had budgeted. (Woo hoo!) I found an unfinished pine table & chairs. I figured that I could just stain them myself since I'm not really into that natural wood look. So, I got them. When I got to the register to pay for them, the chairs all rang up as the black version of the chair I wanted, rather than the unfinished version. I went back to look at the stacks upon stacks of chair boxes & realized that they only had the black versions left. I decided to get the black ones even though I was getting the unfinished table (no black option). I like darker woods anyway, so I figured that I'd get some black stain & stain the table, saving me the labor on the chairs. And I'm glad I did so. I am currently in the middle of staining the dining room table, & as fun as it is, I don't think I would want to suffer through the fumes of four more chairs. I will have to post pictures once I am done. For my first wood staining job, it looks pretty darn good.

2 comments:

Megan said...

You will have to post pictures when you are done.

Lisa Lou said...

Dang it! I forgot to tell you (guess it doesn't matter now). The table I promised you (sounds like the same unfinished table) flew out of the back of the truck while we were moving. I didn't forget, I just didn't have it anymore. I am glad you have one now!! I want to see your place!!!!