Tuesday, March 3, 2009

More About Crappy Wedding Pictures

So, when I originally got my wedding pictures, the photographer sent me a CD of all of the RAW images per our agreement. For those who don't know what I'm talking about, RAW is an image format that holds all possible image information for the best possible quality. They generally need to be converted into large format JPEGs or some other format for editing & printing.

Anyway, to make a long story short, I just received a fabulous new program for my laptop that I've been wanting for a long while, Aperture 2, which converts RAW images into whatever I want. I imported my RAW wedding images into Aperture so that I could proceed to adjust them, only to find that there were a lot more images on the RAW CD than was on my supposed final wedding CD. And to top off the fact that I was going to potentially get significantly shorted (by 100+ images) on my final wedding CD (which is all I would have gotten if I hadn't made the agreement with her for the RAW images), about 25% of the pictures that she cut from my final wedding CD were better pictures that what she left on. At least one of them I am considering printing larger for our apartment.

Just a little disappointed, I guess.

On the bright side, I got a FABULOUS new program today. Hooray!

3 comments:

Allmaras Family said...

Sorry to hear that...weddings are filled with so many little quirks..

Jen said...

I hope our wedding pictures don't suck, but if they do I hope you will fix them and make them not suck!

Lanay said...

Man, that's crappy! I so wish I could have done you're wedding!!! Let me tell you how much I know how you feel when it comes to crappy wedding pictures! Sorry sweetie.