Thursday, June 25, 2009

Back from the Dead

So, I obviously got a little lazy & let over 2 months lapse since the last time I wrote anything. Sorry about that! Here's a bit of an update on what we've been doing...

  • David's work schedule changed this week.  They needed to cut back on hours for everyone since they have too many student employees for the summer, so David now has Tuesdays off, which is my regular day off during the week.  It's nice to be able to spend time together during the day so that we can go places.
  • In light of our new found time together, we decided to attend the Oquirrh Mountain Temple open house last Tuesday.  We went to the Draper Temple open house a few months ago as well.  Neither of us had attended an open house before that, so it was quite the awesome experience.
  • We celebrated our 9 month wedding anniversary this past Saturday.
  • David & I are finally taking a vacation!  We are taking a road trip out east so that we can visit our families (his in Illinois, mine in Ohio) & visit Washington, DC.  We are really excited to go since we haven't had an real breaks since our honeymoon.
  • I've been working a lot on my own personal photography website.  I don't want to post it just yet since I don't feel like it is even close to being ready, but if you want a sneak peek at it, feel free to email me.  I'm trying to do more shoots on my own so that I have a good variety of images to display (& not have a ton of the same thing or person).  It's a lot of work, but I'm really excited to get it done.
  • I have finally put my sewing skills to the test & am quite proud of myself.  I successfully, in ONE day, patched a hole in the back of David's jeans, fixed a torn collar on my favorite pink shawl & sewed up the side of a pair of my work slacks where the seam had come undone.  I usually take an inordinate amount of time to finish any ONE of these things, so I am very happy with myself.

4 comments:

mcfarlandbrockbankhill said...

Tiff-

I am wanting to do some Family Pictures sometime soon, would you be up for it?

Let me know, and what you charge and everything.

:) Jamie (you know the old German roommate...) hahaha

Megan said...

I haven't pulled out my sewing machine in ages. Everything here that needs to be mended is usually by hand.

Anything planned yet for your one year anniversary?

Sarah Ragatz said...

Welcome back.

Lanay said...

Yes, I want a sneak peak of your stuff! How cool!I'm glad ya'll are takeing a vacation!