Friday, November 20, 2009

The Cops Here Are Bad Drivers, Too...

Last night, as I was going to pick David up from work, I ended up driving behind an SUV that turned out to be a police cruiser.  After getting behind him, we both immediately turned right, at which point the cop failed to use his blinker.  Okay, fine.  I guess I can handle that.  Everyone around here is terrible at using their blinkers anyway.  However, further up this same street, I was next to him (but further forward) in the right lane, right behind a bus.  The bus stopped, so I put on my blinker to go around it.  I had just enough room to get over; of course, until the cruiser barreled up behind me faster than he was going a second earlier, making me slam on my breaks and wait behind the bus until it moved again because the line of cars in the other lane kept going & I currently had no momentum with which to merge.

Grrr...

It's no wonder that people in this state have no idea where to begin when it comes to safe & courteous driving.  The police not only fail to stop stupid driving, they encourage it through bad behavior of their own.

I need to move out of Utah.