Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Goodbye, Christmas

Yes, I know... it's halfway through January. We should have taken our Christmas tree down weeks ago.

But today was the day. Kind of. The tree is actually still in the living room. In three pieces. The big bottom part is still standing in the corner. And the middle and top pieces are laying in the middle of the floor, surrounded by fake pine needles.

When I bought this tree, about four or five years ago, it came with the lights already on it. (That was my lazy self getting all excited about easy tree decorating.) Now, those lights are dead. All of 'em. And this year, my lazy self just put new lights over top of them.

Dumb idea.

It looked bulky and crazy (in my opinion), but I left them that way. Until now.

David & I sat on the couch for an hour, each with a section of the tree, clipping & pulling the fasteners that were keeping these lights on. No fun.

We still have the big bottom section of the tree left. And fake pine needles to vacuum up.

No comments: