Thursday, January 14, 2010

More Photo Shoots

One of my new personal goals is to focus a whole lot more on developing my own photography outside of the work that I do at the studio.

Since last May, I've been volunteering to do photo shoots of interviewees for the magazine Mormon Artist. I've actually done more shoots within this past month than I have since I started volunteering. It's been a lot of fun to be able to meet new people who do exciting things and then to be able to photograph them for an actual publication. Another nice thing about this is that it gives me an excuse to broaden my own portfolio. It's a fun motivator.

I also have two weddings on the books for this year. David's sister, Sara, is getting married this September. I was able to do their engagements this past October. I also have a good friend who will be getting married in the early summer sometime and have been asked to shoot their wedding as well.

I also recently updated my website with some of my newer stuff. It's a work in progress, but it's been a lot of fun.

3 comments:

Jen said...

Come to Ohio and take pictures of me :) I can do exciting things too!

Sarah Ragatz said...

you're a great photographer. We always compare our pictures to the ones you did for us. Nothing ever stands up to them. And I'm sure you're even better than you were back then!

Tiffany said...

Aw shucks, Sarah. Thanks!

And I miss you both & would take pictures of you all were I near you. :)