Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Blood Candy

This evening, David & I went to FYE. We leave without buying anything, making it so that we have to walk around the line of people at the cash register in order to leave. We came to a sudden stop behind two 10-year-old girls, who in turn were stopped by some groupie-looking teenage girl. One of the 10-year-old girls had what appeared to be a filled hospital blood bag in her hand.

The following is the comment that we overheard while stuck behind these people:

Groupie to Weird Little Girl: You shouldn't get that one. (Referring to the blood bag in her hand.) I was just talking to a friend of mine who tried that kind & she said that it tasted really coppery. But there's the other True Blood kind. That kind tastes better. It's sweet, like oranges. You should get that one.

Weird Little Girl: Oh! Thanks! (Runs away to get tastier blood.)

It was all I could do to keep from gagging. I'm guessing that it's some sort of candy stuff, but that was by far the strangest thing I've heard all week.

1 comment:

Jen said...

I love Twilight as much as the next girl, but maybe not. You will not catch me eating (or drinking) "blood candy". Weird. It's even weirder that the groupy girl new the specific tastes of each one. And even weirder that there is more than one maker of such a candy! Thank you for that story!