Saturday, April 3, 2010

Your Kids are Ugly & Obnoxious

Next time, you jerk, that's what I'm going to say to you.

And that's exactly what it feels like to have someone completely degrade my talent, education, hard work & long hours.

I don't care if you think that my prices are too high. That's the beauty of consumerism. You can choose what products you buy, whose services you employ & what price you are going to pay for them by simply shopping around.

The Trade-Off: You get what you pay for.

You can't decide that you want Bloomingdale's quality for Wal-Mart's price. It doesn't work like that.

Bottom Line: If you think that my products & services are too pricy for your taste, go elsewhere. I won't be offended. Promise.

However, I will be offended if you...

1) fail to do your research on professional portrait studio pricing,
2) employ my services by scheduling a session with me, then proceed to
3) complain out loud about how overpriced I am when it comes time to buy.

In what universe do you think that this is NOT incredibly offensive? I don't know what you do for a living, but I work. Just like everybody else. And I deserve to get paid for that work. And the better I am at my job, the better I deserve to get paid.

The cost of business is far from cheap. I don't pocket everything that you are paying, you know. You're paying for my time in the studio, my time spent post-processing your session (which is usually about twice as long, or more, as the session itself was to begin with), my time spent helping you choose your portraits & other products, my education, my amazingly awesome talent, the use of my equipment, the electricity that it takes to run said equipment & facilities... you get the idea. And at the end of the day, I still deserve a reasonable salary.

So the next time that you decide it would be appropriate to tell me to my face how I don't deserve to get paid for what I do for a living, please refrain. Our families deserve to be financially supported, too, you know.

3 comments:

Lisa Lou said...

Jerk. I get lots of compliments on your hard work hanging on our wall. I think you are fantastic at what you do. In fact Josh and I have already been talking about ordering some more prints of our last session. They are so dang fabulous.

BUSNINJA said...

It might not even be so bad if she were sincere. But I know when I worked at the BYU Bookstore, sometimes people would come in and just be disagreeable until they got a discount or something free. I have found that the best thing to do with such people is get rid of them as fast as possible :)

Lanay said...

Dang right Tiff! It really comes down to that he is ignorant. If anyone knows anything, you do rock at what you do, and you really do deserve every bit as much as you get paid (I venture to say more my friend!). It sounds like it took every restraint in your body to not tell him off. Well done, but he needs to open his dang eyes! Get out of Orem too, that will help.=) Love you Tiff, you don't deserve stupid people treating you like that!!!XXOOXXOO!!!