Wednesday, September 1, 2010

If I May Brag...

Okay, so yesterday, I spent my day off looking for a birthday present for David, as tomorrow is his birthday & his schedule had changed due to the start of the semester, leaving me to have my day off alone once again.

Among my searching, I ended up near Baby's R Us (wise?... perhaps not). I had a $20 gift card that we got just for registering in the store a few months ago, so I thought I'd just pop inside to see if there was anything on sale that I wanted/needed. This is when I found the most heavenly sales rack! There were about 4 or 5 whole clothing racks of already heavily discounted clothes with signs on the top stating that all of the sale clothing was an additional 20% off. What?! I was in baby clothes paradise! I started picking things off left & right. And this is what I came home with...

  • 1 Onesie
  • 2 Shirt & Shorts Outfits
  • 2 Pairs of Overalls
  • 2 Pairs of Swimming Trunks
  • 8 Jumpers (2 with matching hats)

And so for everything, here are the totals...

Regularly Marked Price :: $164.89

First Total Sale Price :: $60.44

Sale Price After 20% Off :: $48.98

Price Tiffany Paid After Using Free Gift Card :: $28.98


I looked at the girl ringing me up & said, "I feel like I just ripped you off." Even she was impressed with my findings.

(And yes, I did find David a fabulous birthday present, too. Just not at Baby's R Us.)

I just had to brag about it a little. :)

3 comments:

Lisa Summerhays said...

Nice work! I just got three outfits for Mallory and a shirt for William at Kohls on Monday for 13$. Not as impressive but it felt good. :) I love bargain shopping!

kyle and ila johnson said...

way to go!!!

Rookie Blog said...

THat is an awesome find. But I have to tell you, don't get sucked into buying things before he's even born. I STILL have not had to buy anything for either of my kids except shoes. People have given me everything. You will get a ton from baby showers and from hand me downs...even from people who barely know you in the ward.