Saturday, November 20, 2010

James is Finally Here!

4:50am :: Wake up to get ready for our trip to the hospital.

5:45am :: Arrive at the hospital & get all checked in.

6:30am :: Nurse arrives & gets everything set up for Dr Parker.

7:00am :: Dr Parker arrives & they notify the anesthesiologist that I will need an epidural for the version.

7:45am :: The anesthesiologist attempts to give me an epidural four times before "succeeding", at which point, the epidural only works on the right half of my body.

8:00am :: Dr Parker attempts to turn the baby three times. Incredibly painful without a fully working epidural, but manageable. Instead of turning at all, the baby decides just to bury himself deeper & not move at all.

9:00am :: Dr Parker decides that we need to go ahead with the c-section, but that we need to decide on how to make sure that I'm pain-free since the epidural didn't take fully. The anesthesiologist was weary of doing a spinal since he hadn't been able to succeed with the epidural & there was always the option of putting me to sleep (which nobody wanted). He decided to try giving me a spinal & succeeded on his first attempt. (Hooray!)

9:31am :: Baby James came out perfectly beautiful & very squeaky (not screamy).

9:45am :: They whisk James & David away to give James a bath & do a few other things with him while they sewed me back up.

11:45am :: I finally get to see my baby boy again!

* * *

Here are some pictures!

Right before leaving for the hospital - 38 weeks, 4 days
*

Brand new & covered in gunk.
*

James Anthony Tertipes - 6 pounds, 6 ounces - 19 inches long
*

Goopy-eyed, but stinkin' cute. And check out his daddy's handsome chin.
*

Chillin'...
*

Lookin' like a stud.
*

First bath.
*

All clean!
*

Relaxing from a rough day...
*

The beginnings of an FBI file.
*

Mom & Baby.
*

Dad & Baby.
*

3 comments:

Megan said...

Oh I feel your pain on the multiple stickings!

Sarah Ragatz said...

Woo-hoo! I've been waiting anxiously for this post! Congratulations!! He's adorable! I'm so happy for you. Its too bad he didn't want to turn around for you, but at least you have a healthy little fellow! Yay!!

Jamie Caitlin said...

TWO hours?!?!? I can't believe you didn't get to see him again for TWO hours!!! I would have had a fit...
He is adorable, by the way. So glad he is healthy and beautiful. :)