Friday, November 19, 2010

My Week of Insanity

This week, instead of going by in a normal fashion, decided that it was going to be crazy. Just for the fun of it. And here's how it went down:

Monday :: Actually, pretty normal-ish. Went to work all day. That's about it.

Tuesday :: Day off from work. Had 38 week checkup. Blood pressure was super high & a couple other factors made the doctor think that I might have to have this baby before Saturday. Ordered me to cut out all heavy physical activity (including photography). Ordered a couple of lab tests & decided that we were good to go. Phew. Had to call work to tell them that they had to rearrange the schedule to find a different photographer for my last few days.

Wednesday :: Woke up with a slight sore throat. Went to work at 10am as usual. Since I couldn't shoot, my manager sent my home by 2pm (instead of 7pm). Had a whole day to run errands. Sore throat got worse & congestion hit, along with a major headache. No sleep that night.

Thursday :: Woke up at 5:15am & couldn't fall asleep due to yucky sickness. At 6:15am, ate some cereal & took a hot shower in hopes of falling back asleep. Woke up again at 8am & called the clinic to make sure the sickness wasn't connected to Tuesday's abnormal findings. We both called off of work, got checked out & all was fine. No temp, no bacteria, just sinus yuckiness. Took a 3.5 hour nap. Felt a little better. Home teachers came by. Went to Los Hermanos for dinner & went to the midnight showing of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1. Went to bed at 3am. (Yikes!)

Friday :: Went to work all day for the last time. Hooray! Went to a ward Thanksgiving dinner. Now, we're laying in bed watching Avatar: The Last Airbender. Next up: Throw a few last minute things into the hospital bag, get some shut-eye & get up bright and early to be at the hospital at 5:45am.

What a week! It feels like it was crazier than it sounds when I write it out, but I'm so glad that we're finally here! Tomorrow is the big day & I will certainly post pictures & other fabulousness when I get the chance. :)

3 comments:

Megan said...

Crossing my fingers for you that the inversion works.

Jordan and Amanda said...

I"m thinking of you! I was induced early due to high blood pressure/pre-eclampsia. Good luck, you'll do great, and the baby is SOOOOOOO cute when they're finally on the outside!

BUSNINJA said...

Good luck! Much prayers.