Thursday, November 11, 2010

Nine Days & Counting

You had to know that I couldn't just sit here and not be counting the days, right?

Okay, well, as exciting as it is, we are still trying to make the most of each day that we have & enjoy ourselves while still preparing for the happy little change that is soon to come.

Last Tuesday, after finding out our date, I made it our goal that we will get our house in order & get our "to-do" list stuff accomplished this week. As in by Saturday. That's kind of a big task around here since we are always so busy, but it's certainly doable. Tuesday evening, we tackled our living room (leaving out only my two sewing projects) & put together a couple of last minute things in the nursery. Last night, we were both pretty exhausted, but we managed to hang the curtains in the nursery (making it 100% complete!) & I gave David a very-much-needed haircut. Tonight, I'm hoping to either tackle my sewing projects or possibly the bathroom, just depending on what kind of mood I'm in. David will be at the theatre tonight, tomorrow, Saturday & Monday nights, so I'm going to try to get as much done as I can while he's gone. And, of course, since he'll have Saturday during the day to do some things while I'm at work, he'll get a little "to-do" list of his own of things I didn't feel like doing myself. It works out in the end. :)

Next week, the only thing we really have planned is to go to the midnight showing of Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows (Part 1). We bought our tickets a while ago, hoping that if we went as soon as we possibly could that we could still see it at the movie theater before the baby arrived. And then, of course, we will be going out on Friday night. I was able to get off at 5pm (the same time as David) so that we could go out to dinner together, after which we imagine that we'll go home & finish packing for the hospital & then turn in nice & early since we have to get up at 4:30am on Saturday morning to get to the hospital by 5:30am.

In the meantime, I'll still be working full-time & David will continue with his regular school & work schedules. I'm hoping that this will help to not have time drag on during this next week & a half. :)

2 comments:

Jen said...

Sooo exciting! You should post some pics of the nursery!

Megan said...

When does life ever slow down? It was nice to see you last Tuesday.