Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Bad Mom Days

I'm sure that nearly everyone has had a "bad mom day" now & then.

I haven't had very many of these days, but they've happened. I'm not sure why, though. I mean, my little dude is only two months old. How badly can you screw up with a two month old? It's not like he'll remember your new-parent idiocy & hold it against you for the rest of his childhood.

There was one day last week where I had an insanely hard day with him. All he seemed to want to do was cry, not sleep & be held. I broke down into tears no fewer than three times that day & never managed to get dressed.

Then there are days like today. James was a complete angel. He took great naps, stayed happy in his swing all through my shower and through washing dishes, he took on tummy time like a champ three different times & was just all around pleasant.

It's days like today that make the "bad mom days" seem so much less scary. Obviously I'm not completely screwing up this kid. Not yet, anyway. :)

1 comment:

Lanay said...

Dude! I am right there with you! Best job, hardest job! Loves!