Sunday, January 23, 2011

Fabulous Photo Shoot

As some of you may already know, I occasionally volunteer to do photo shoots of interviewees for an online magazine called Mormon Artist. After a long break due to being very pregnant & having a baby, I finally volunteered to do another photo shoot for them, which I did this afternoon.

This photo shoot was of the well-known & much-loved LDS songwriter and composer Janice Kapp Perry, who, consequently, is probably the nicest person on the entire planet. We had so much fun doing these pictures! We chatted about everything from our children to her love for super sharp pencils. At the end of it all, she thanked me for the good time that we had & gave me two of her CDs -- one was for James "to enjoy when he gets older" of children's songs & the other one, her newest release, was for me for volunteering to do this for her. It was a really wonderful gesture! She also took my phone number so that she could contact me if she should want to use any of my pictures for anything in the future. I have to admit, that part made me feel pretty fabulous. :)

As far as the pictures themselves, I am pretty pleased with the way that they turned out. One of the main reasons that I like to volunteer for Mormon Artist is because I love having the opportunity to improve aspects of my photography that I don't get to focus on while working at the studio. One thing I really want to improve on is using natural light indoors & that's what this shoot was all about. I knew it would be, so I did a little extra research before going because I wanted to do a really good job. Like I said, I'm pleased with how they turned out, so I must share a few of my favorites with you!











4 comments:

tawna said...

Tiff- These are FANTASTIC!!!

my mom was/is(?) friends/acquaintances with Janice- and I remember going to her home when I was little- I felt so cool meeting such a 'celebrity'. (ha- yes- I was a music nerd even then)

Anyways- these pics are awesome and how cool of you to do/get to do this!!

Sarah Ragatz said...

Wowzerz! That's awesome!

Lanay said...

Wow!!! I mean WOW friend! These are beautiful. Very well done!!

Megan said...

This has sat in my feed reader while I've tried to figure out how to comment, so Wow! Awesome! I'm pretty much without words.