Friday, January 21, 2011

Our Fat Boy!

James had his two month checkup today. And, of course, he got weighed.

Drumroll... ... ... ... ... ... ... 9 lbs 8.5 oz!

Okay, so I know that most babies his age weigh much more than that, but for James, we're doing awesome! He's in the 10th percentile for weight, which despite sounding super low, is better than the 5th percentile he was in last time. He also got measured & is 23.25 inches long, going from being in the 10th percentile for length to the 60th! Super! I'm pretty sure that this is why he still looks so skinny. He's starting to move up into his 0-3 month size onesies, but his skinny little belly can't handle 0-3 month size pants yet, so he's still wearing newborn pants.

He also had his two month vaccinations today. Poor guy! I've never heard a baby scream in pain like that & it made me want to cry for him. He did fall asleep on the way home, so I was able to stop by the store to pick up some baby Tylenol just in case he gets a fever. He's still sleeping it off. And to top that off, he also has a little cough. :(

However, as a bonus, he does have a Tweety Bird bandaid on one thigh and an Iron Man bandaid on the other. :)

1 comment:

Bre.Red.Mace said...

Okay! We have to do a play date! I need to hold your little man! He is so stinkin cute and tiny still! CHERISH it! Mace went in on Wed for his 2 mo. and he weighs 14lbs. 6oz. and is 24 inchs! BIG BOY!! I just want to snuggle your sweet little munchkin! Hope he isn't too sad from the shots! It was the hardest thing for me. I didn't cry though which was surprising! Love ya and txt me sometime so we can play!