Thursday, February 10, 2011

Day 1 :: Introduce Yourself

Birth Name: Tiffany Marie Atwell
Birthday: 10 July 1981
Hometown: Tiro, Ohio (population 281)
Schooling: Buckeye Central High School in New Washington, Ohio; Brigham Young University in Provo, Utah





* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

My Family

I met my husband, David James Tertipes, in July of 2007 while living in Provo. We became pals instantly and our mutual friends quickly dubbed us as "that couple". You know, the couple that parades around as "just friends" when everyone else in the world knows better. That was us. And, luckily for David, I could only handle that for eight months. We started "officially" dating in March of 2008. David proposed to me 3.5 months later, on my 27th birthday. We got married on 20 September 2008 in Columbus, Ohio. We decided to start our own little family a couple of years later and our first son, James Anthony Tertipes, was born on 20 November 2010. He gives us more joy than we could have ever possibly hoped for!


My Faith

I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, or more commonly referred to as Mormon. I joined the Church in March of 1997, when I was 15 years old. Since then, I have strived to live my life by the principles and teachings of Jesus Christ. I know that I am far from perfect, but I have faith that through the atoning sacrifice of my Savior, that I will one day, along with my husband and child(ren), return to live with my Father in Heaven. The knowledge that I have of who I am and why I am here gives me strength and purpose as I journey through life.


My Passion

I am one of the fortunate few who gets to take their passion and make a living out of it. For me, that is my photography. I love all sorts of photography, but I have a real love for studio portraiture. I am currently on maternity leave from Fotogenix, the portrait studio I have worked at since June of 2005, and I hope to be returning to work (very part time) within the next couple of weeks. I also volunteer as a staff photographer for the online magazine Mormon Artist. I do this because I get to meet fabulous new people and hone different photography skills that I otherwise might be less motivated to work on.


My Politics

It would sound too non-committal or politically apathetic to label myself as middle of the road or moderate, but I guess that's as close as I can get. I like to be well informed. I like to listen to all sides of the discussion and then I form my opinions accordingly. Political and social extremism really bother me. I feel like people like Glenn Beck and Bill O'Reilly have nothing better to do than bully people for not agreeing with their political ideology. I also feel very strongly about voting. Growing up in a swing state will do that to you. However, I find voting in Utah to be very depressing. No matter how you vote, the Republicans are always going to win (unless you are Jim Matheson), and that's just plain sad. I think that every place can do with some diverse thinking to help get the job done more effectively.


My One True Love

British entertainment.

I know, I know. I love those geeky sci-fi shows like Doctor Who and Torchwood. The best part about it is the comedians. Britian, by far, has the most hilarious comedians I have ever heard. (Most American comedians are crass and just not funny. Except Brian Regan. We connect.) David and I watch hilarious panel shows such as QI and Mock the Week. I also love watching their sketch comedy shows such as A Bit of Fry and Laurie, The Catherine Tate Show and That Mitchell and Webb Look. I like to watch some of their stand-up shows on You Tube as well. My favorite actor, for as long as I can remember, has always been Colin Firth. And I am dying to visit London one day. I think I might have been British in another life.

2 comments:

Megan said...

I guess that is the advantage of living here. The U of A is very lib but our suburb is very conservative so our votes really do matter and luckily many university students are too apathetic to vote even though they outnumber us.

I love me some Colin Firth too.

Jordan and Amanda said...

I can't tell you how much I enjoyed reading this. You make me laugh!