Monday, July 11, 2011

New Decade, New Goals, New Blog

Today, I officially enter my thirties. Am I sad at the passing of my twenties? No. If I get nostalgic, I can live vicariously through my husband, who will be in his twenties for another four years. However, I really don't think that I'll need to do that.

Not that I'm rejoicing in my old age, but I feel like I've earned the right to pass out of my twenties. I mean, I spent a solid ten years being in my twenties. Time for a new adventure!

With that said, I've decided to do a few things. First of all, I moved my blog. (This is obvious, as you are here right now.) I like how this site looks, feels and handles my information. Besides, I'm a grown up now. Grown ups can choose to not use Blogger anymore if they want to.

Secondly, I've decided to alter the focus of my blog a bit. My blog has always been a "Mormon Mommy Blog". While there is absolutely nothing wrong with this, I find myself occasionally wanting to write about my take on issues and events, or to offer up some self-reflection. I've noticed that, when I do this on my Mommy Blog, I get little to no feedback. I'm guessing that it's because the people who come to my blog want to read about James and the adventures that we have together. (Don't worry, he'll still make plenty of appearances.) However, I'm not "just a mother". Even though being a mother is the best gig in town, there is a whole lot more to me than that. I was a pretty awesome person before I was a mom and still think that I'm the same awesome person with thoughtful insights and ideas.

I've also decided to make a few goals for myself -- sort of like a What I Want to Accomplish During My Thirties bucketlist. I'm still working on what it will entail, but I'll post more when I decide how I want to go about this.

That's about all I have for now. Stay tuned for more fabulousness.

4 comments:

Jessica Havican said...

tiffany, I think 30's are going to be great. I still have about 4 years and four months before I get there, but I am really looking forward to it. I'm glad you are too! I am excited to read about your thoughts and reflections. And I agree, the look and feel of this site seems better. what is it?

Tiffany Tertipes said...

It's called Posterous - www.posterous.com - and I'm really liking it, too. Most of the features are better, in my opinion. The only thing that Blogger does better is that they make it easier to customize the look of your blog. I've had to play around with the html to get things arranged the way that I like, but that's it. Glad you like it, too! :)

Megan said...

When I write about my thoughts too no one seems to comment. I guess cute isn't something that can be used :). Too bad there isn't a button at the end of blogs that says like or I read this. I've started to try and write to use it as more of a journal because when I finally got around to publishing last year there was a lot that was left out. So I've started to reclaim it a little bit as more of mine. But I would like to add to all the reporting of our goings on more of what I actually think about things. Good luck with the change.

Tiffany Tertipes said...

There is a "like" button on this blog. It's the little heart at the bottom. That's one of the things I like about it!