Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Birthday Happiness

I had a pretty fantastic birthday today.  This is my blog, so I'm going to tell you all about it.

First, James decided to wake us up over an hour earlier than usual (super!), so we had a groggy start.  Everything got oodles better when David made us french toast and bacon for breakfast, though.  We were still kind of lazy though, so we watched cartoons and played with James for a couple of hours until it was time for his nap.  (He usually takes his naps about 2 hours after he gets up in the morning.)

When he went down, David and I decided to take a little nap, too.  It was my birthday, so I felt completely justified.  After we all got up and fed James some lunch, we went to Dairy Queen for my free birthday Blizzard.  (We had a coupon.)  Then we went to COSI where we saw the water exhibit and played in the children's play area.  (That play area is like crack for my child.)

After COSI, we came home so that David and I could get ready for our birthday date.  James was going to have his very first sleepover at his Grandma's house tonight, too!  We ended up going over to my mom's place to drop James off and then went to dinner.  We had another birthday coupon (hooray!) for a free meal at bd's Mongolian Grill.  I love love LOVE that place, but it's kind of expensive, so this coupon made me especially happy.  After dinner, we had a little extra time before our movie started, so we walked around Barnes & Noble for a little bit.  Of course, I couldn't leave without a new book -- Murder on the Orient Express -- or without touching all of the children's books in the store (which kinda explains why my son has to touch everything).

When it was time for our movie (which we paid for with a gift card that we got from my mom last Easter -- Can you tell we love coupons?), this is what we saw...

Brave Poster
Photo courtesy of IMDb.com

...and it was SO good!  Pixar has outdone itself once again.  I recommend that you all go out and see it right now.  The soundtrack was also particularly fabulous.

I'd say that I had a pretty awesome Birthday #31.

No comments: