Monday, July 9, 2012

Does anyone else see a pattern here?

I'm talking about those stupid quotes that people share on Facebook.  But they aren't just quotes; they're pictures that take up the entire freaking screen.  There are a few tasteful ones that I enjoy, and the even rarer few that I've actually shared, but I've noticed that there are three main types of picture quotes (as we'll now call them) and, consequently, certain types of people who share them.  I'm not going to go into the type of people who share them because I don't want to lose all of my friends, but I am going to openly mock this weird Facebook phenomenon.

Warning: If we are Facebook friends, you make it a habit of sharing these picture quotes and are easily offended, you may not want to continue reading because... well... I'm going to speak my mind right now.


Type 1:  The Relationship Quote

We've all seen them.  Those quotes that dare to explain the not-so-mysteries of dating and relationships.  It's like they multiply with each other in order to populate Facebook.  (I'm sure it's because they took their own dating advice.)  Nevertheless, here are a few gems for you to enjoy.  Or not.  Either way, they serve as examples of this main type of picture quote.

First, you have the super inspirational quote...



I feel so free in the desert!


Then you have the allusion to dirty little player boy and how you should stay away from him...


But I wanted to see his Star Wars sheets...


And then there are the "real men" quotes.  I'm glad I have these so that, you know, I'll know a fake man when I see him and not be fooled by his trickery.  Here are a couple of examples...


Commas can't replace periods, people.  I can't take you seriously now.


Either I'm not as gorgeous as I thought or my husband is a fake.  Dang it.


I could go on with more of these, but I don't think it's necessary anymore.  We've all vomited enough already.


Type 2:  The Religious Prayerful Quote

It goes something like this...




Or this...


Some of these quotes even come in glitter!


Why is this even necessary?  Let's move on...


Type 3:  The Attitude Quote

These are the quotes that think they are sassy and/or hilarious, but really... well...

Super!  Can I see?


Apparently, you are a person who has never learned the concept of capitalization, which is probably why you are so used to people not approving of you.



I know that there are more types out there, but about 95% of what pops up on my wall looks much like this.  If it goes on for too much longer, I may need to name names and mock people until they unfriend me.  Until then, keep posting junk!

4 comments:

Megan said...

unfortunately these are considered pictures so when I set my options to not see these anymore from certain people because they need to make 10 pop up in my feed at once, I no longer get to see any of their pictures, but I think its worth it. (run on sentence I know but I could put it on a cute picture for you :).

Natausha said...

Amen sister!

Kimberly said...

Oh so true. I keep wanting to hide some of these people, but then how could I mock them? My rule is to never post something on facebook that I didn't say.

Jordan and Amanda said...

I literally LOL'd. I have been wondering the same thing, although my issue has been with the cliche inspriational quotes and pics... it's super super annoying. I don't get on facebook to be inspired, I get on to be nosy!