Friday, July 27, 2012

Olympic Fever

The Olympics are finally here!  I absolutely love the Olympics, especially the summer games.  Is anyone else with me on this?

As a child, I would absolutely obsess about Olympic gymnastics.  I remember watching them longingly and imagining how awesome it would be to be able to preform like that.  I envied those girls.  Now I realize that I would have ended up at least a half-foot too tall to be any sort of gymnast, but as a short little girl, it was my dream.


Does anyone else remember this?

Kerri Strug was one of my childhood idols.  I remember being at my Grandma's house in New Jersey during the 1996 Olympic Games in Atlanta when she performed her gold medal-winning vault on a previously twisted ankle.  Like I said, totally my idol back then.

Does anyone else have fond Olympic memories to share?

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

Oh my gosh!! I wrote almost the exact same post about Kerri Strug on my blog too! Same picture and everything. Great minds I tell ya. . .