Friday, January 4, 2013

My New Reading Goals

For the record, this is NOT a New Year's resolution.

I already read books pretty often and I make goals at all times of the year for my reading.  Since my last list ended with the end of December, I'm starting a new one today.

My goal is to read 24 books this year and I'm pretty sure that I'll read more than that, because when I find a book series that I love, I have a hard time putting it down, but I wanted to make the goal for the whole year so that it was attainable.  If and when I hit 24 books, I'll make another goal for the remainder of the year.

I already updated my reading list tab, if you care to see what I've read or what I'm currently reading.  If you don't care, that's fine too.  This is more for me than it is for you.  However, if you have any good suggestions on books that I should read, leave a comment.  I love new books!  I'll probably be rereading a lot of my old favorites this year, but I want to mix it up a little, too.

I'm starting off with three books by Rick Riordan called the Kane Chronicles.  David got the set for Christmas from my brother, since he really loves this series, and he agreed to let me read them first since I'd never read them before.

Anyway, that's my update.  Let me know if you have any good suggestions!

3 comments:

Megan said...

I tried reading Red Pyramid four times and couldn't get into it which made me sad. I'm into book 3 of the same authors Lost Heroes series. Rich started reading the Lightning Thief to Jack and we are both so excited he understands enough of it. If you haven't already read the Lightning Thief - Percy Jackson series read that before you do the Lost Heroes series.

Of the stuff Rich has been reading he recommends the Alex Cross series by James Patterson.

Did you try the Fablehaven's Brandon Mull's second series the Beyonders? I haven't been able to get traction in that one either but I had a hard time with the first Fablehaven book too.

Tiffany Tertipes said...

Oooh, Fablehaven! I forgot about that. I have been wanting to read it. I'll look up both series. Thanks, Megan.

Also, we have the whole Percy Jackson series & the Lost Heroes is on my list, too. Rick Riordan is fantastic. :)

Sarah Ragatz said...

Hey, there is a book coming out in the middle of February called "Magic Wakes." Here's a link that describes it http://www.amazon.com/The-Magic-Wakes-Charity-Bradford/dp/1937178307. It happens to be written by a friend of mine and I'm so anxious to read it! Just thought I'd share.