Thursday, February 7, 2013

Laundry and Packing and Tantrums, Oh My!

That about sums up my day.

Since we're leaving for Illinois on Saturday morning, I spent the day doing laundry.  Naturally, everything was dirty, so it truly was a day-long event.

I have successfully packed our whole suitcase, sans toiletries, and laid out our clothes for the trip.  All that is left to do is grab the last minute everyday-use things and hit the road.

I'm not sure if James was just acting up because Daddy went to work, or because I was paying too much attention to the laundry, or because he was just having one of those days.  Whatever it was, it wasn't much fun for either of us.  I was able to successfully divert him a number of times by employing his help.  This included having him match socks with me and bring me clothes hangers and letting him play in the empty laundry basket, but these things were pretty short-term solutions.  By the end of the day, I think he was just as tired as I was.  He crawled into bed all by himself and I didn't even have to remind him about the staying-in-bed rule.

We definitely need this vacation.

No comments: