Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Birthday Fun

I love my birthday.  But really, who doesn't?  Mostly, I think it's because you have permission to feel totally special and most of your family and friends take the time to make you feel awesome, at least for this one day.  I always wake up with this excitement in my chest, just knowing that it's my birthday and that I can pretty much do whatever I want.  I am such a kid.  :)

My mom was able to get the day off of work for my birthday and she graciously kept James overnight last night.  David's regular day off has been Wednesday up until this week (go figure) because he's in training for a new position.  The upside, however, was that he got off of work by 5pm all week, so we were able to go out to dinner last night while my mom had James and also spend the evening together today.

First of all, I got to sleep in.  Sort of.  It was storming on and off all day, so I was awakened at 7am by a thunderclap so loud that it set off a car alarm twice.  I stayed up for about an hour and a half, which let me see David off to work.  He gave me his gift before leaving for work, which was the book The Ocean at the End of the Lane by Neil Gaiman.  I was so excited to start reading it!  I knew that I would finish my current book very soon, so I started reading in order to finish it, and coincidently, fell asleep.  I didn't get up again until about 10am.  (What!)

Soon after I woke up, my mom came over with James and we ran a couple of errands.  Afterward, she treated us to a birthday lunch for me at Mark Pi's, which is an awesome Chinese buffet nearby.  Later on, we went over to my brother's house to celebrate with an ice cream cake.

I also got a couple of well-timed birthday cards in the mail, too.  One from my aunt and one from my in-laws.  A completely relaxing, fantastic day.

No comments: