Thursday, July 11, 2013

Learning to Spell

As you may or may not have picked up on, James is pretty enthralled by letters.  He'll spell just about anything he sees, make up songs about letters on a whim and run around telling people that "the letter B makes a buh-buh sound!" (or whatever his letter of choice is at that moment).  We try to limit our TV intake, but two of his favorite shows are Super Why! and Word World.  I actually don't feel bad about letting him watch those because he's picked up a lot from those shows.  Recently, he's started remembering how to spell specific words.  I decided to take a video of him attempting to spell some words.  He does a pretty decent job for a 2.5-year-old.

(You'll have to forgive my loud voice and breathing sounds again.  I really need to learn to hold my phone farther away from my mouth!)




1 comment:

Kaylynn said...

Wow... that's so impressive! He's one smart boy... and really handsome too! :)